Location map of the Nepal Tourism Board office and ACAP permit office, Kathmandu, Nepal
If you need to get your ACAP permit in Kathmandu, you’ll need to go to the Nepal Tourism Board – unless of course your trekking agent is organising it for you. NTB is easy to get to. See the map below:
A: Thamel (Kathmandu Guest House intersection)
B: NTB offices
Getting to NTB
You can easily walk in about 20 minutes, and much nicer to go via back streets where possible (and allow a little time for getting lost!). A taxi is pretty quick and really should not cost more that Rs. 100 although you’ll probably be asked for more.
If asking for directions, it is right next door to the dusty old bus park. If you ask for “Bus Park” you’ll get within 100 m of the NTB office in Bhrikuti Mandap.
Next door to the NTB office is Kathmandu’s fun fair and exhibition hall – don’t get excited, it’s not so great.
Leave a Reply
- GHT High Route - Kanchenjunga to Makalu Traverse via Lumba Sumba Pass Read more
- Khaptad National Park Read more
- GHT Low Route - Everest & Rolwaling Section: Solukhumbu Read more
- GHT Low Route - Everest & Rolwaling Section: Rolwaling Read more
- GHT Low Route - Kanchenjunga Section Read more
- View more treks